Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Weekend in Joseph Utah

Those who know me know that I hate goodbyes...so the end of freshman year was pretty hard. The only thing that gave me hope was that I knew I had made friendships that were going to last.

Dainia and I made plans for me to come down to Joseph for a weekend. So I did!

Saturday morning, we decided to go for a bike ride through the canyon not really sure how in shape we were for this adventure.


 Yes this is our idea of hanging out. :)


It turned out to not be that bad! So we just kept going!


We took a lot of pictures along the way.


When we found out we were only 2 miles from Big Rock Candy Canyon, we decided to go all the way. And man, when we got there, we were relieved!


So we took some more pictures :)


         


And then we ate lunch! Mmmmmm....BLT and sweet potato fries :)

          
                                       
This trip reminded me of a few things to be grateful for. First, I am so grateful for the beauty of the Earth. There is something about being outside in nature that is just awakening. Although my testimony is built on much more, it is hard for me to imagine the beautiful world that we live in coming together just by coincidence. I think God knew we would find joy in it and maybe that it would remind us of Him. 


Secondly, I was reminded to be grateful for my body. I know that not everyone can just decide to go ride a bike any time they want to. I also know that gaining a body is essential for us to become like our Father in Heaven. Because I have a body I can:

go on a 20 mile bike ride
play the viola, the piano, and sing
hug everyone I love
dance like no one is watching
run a half marathon
throw a softball


And lastly, I'm grateful for this girl. A year ago, I wouldn't have had any clue that I would meet and become friends with a girl from Joseph, Utah. I loved every minute I spent with her this weekend: dancing, eating "heaven", talking about boys and college life, watching movies, taking pictures, challenging ourselves with a 20 mile bike ride, enjoying the breeze through our hair, collapsing on the couch afterwards, sunburns, bonfire, tin foil dinners, S'mores, and playing softball with our matching mitts.



It makes me happy to say, "See you later, Dainia!" <3



No comments:

Post a Comment