It's really hard for me to understand how some people don't see the
hand of God in their lives. I see it Every. Single. Day. Sure, you could
say that I'm just trying to find something in nothing. But maybe it
just takes knowing the feeling of depending entirely on someone or
something that you can't see and then having things work out better than
you could have dreamed of yourself. And then, having your greatest fears turn into
greater faith. It's the start of a new semester, and rather than going into
details, I'll just say that I feel like almost everything that could
possibly be changing in my life is changing...drastically. One of my
major concerns going into this semester was whether or not I would be
able to improve enough on the viola to make it into the music program. I
decided to set aside 5 to 6 hours a day to practice, because I want
this so badly. I know that music education is the right major, but that
doesn't mean that it's going to get handed to me. I have to work my butt
off. So, I was starting to feel hopeful about the future and didn't see
any way for the situation to improve, when I found out that I wouldn't
have my old private lesson teacher. Instead, I get to study with the
head viola professor at BYU (during fall/winter semesters she only
teaches music majors). I get to work every single week for the next 6
weeks with the person that makes the final deciding vote on whether or
not I am cut out for the music program. That means, that I get 3 hours
to prove myself worthy. I get 6 tries, 6 weeks to improve and she will
see every step that I make. She will see every ounce of effort that I
put into this because she will be right there guiding me along. I am
absolutely astounded at how blessed I am!
Today was my
first day to go to my Portuguese class. I was so worried that I would
be the only one there that didn't know Portuguese because it is a 200
level class (somehow I was able to take it without the prerequisite). To
my surprise, there were 3 other girls in the class who were also taking
the class because they got called to Brazil and wanted to start
learning as much as they could but didn't know any Portuguese. The
teacher was SO nice and understanding and helpful! I am so thrilled for
what I will be able to learn. The class is certainly going to stretch
me, but once again, Heavenly Father has taken my fears and turned them
into opportunities to recognize His hand in my life and to move forward
in faith.
I love this gospel! I am so grateful for the
opportunity to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints for 18 months in São Paulo, Brazil.
No comments:
Post a Comment