I learned a valuable lesson today. It's never really come easy for me to
get myself to practice but I could never figure out exactly why. I
thought it was reasons like fear of failure, or not feeling confident
enough, but I could never understand how I could want something so badly
one minute and be ready to give it up the next. I still wanted it but I
didn't know if I was willing to do what it required to get it. What I
realized was that I wasn't alone. I realized that every human being
experiences this. There is not a single human being that doesn't have
moments where they struggle with themselves to do something hard. And so
the answer is simply that I must give up my desire to relax and have
fun. I must give up the tendency of the natural man to be lazy. I must
focus on the end goal, on what I want most, and never loose sight of
that. I must depend on my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ,
to give me the strength, to help me overcome my weakness.
I found this quote:
“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there
to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show
how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop
the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
~Randy Pausch
I'll try to remember that this week.
...I only said it would be worth it.
Well said, Shannon. Thanks for the motivation ;)
ReplyDelete